Monday, July 1, 2013

30-day Green Smoothies!!

Today while farting around online, I came across this website, which encourages people to try a 30-day green smoothie challenge. Challenge: ACCEPTED! I've made green smoothies before and love them. My coworker calls the drink "sludge," which is a legit description of the drink. I don't have a picture of it, but the recipe is:

2 cups water
1/2 head of lettuce or spinach (the greener the better)
1 green apple
1 pear
1 banana
3-4 stalks celery
handful cilantro
handful parsley
juice of 1 lime

Blend everything together. I leave the skin on the apple and pear, which is where a lot of the vitamins are located. It's okay to blend the stalks of the cilantro and parsley together too. The key to this drink is to make sure that it gets blended enough. I usually drink it through a straw on my way to work...mainly because I don't want to have chunks of parsley or cilantro in my teeth. I don't want to draw any weird looks from people on the train.

So back to the 30-day challenge. I am so excited. Kasia and I just recently moved, so we've been without a proper kitchen for almost 3 weeks now, and haven't been grocery shopping in almost 4. Fast food saved us, but we are so totally DONE! I haven't been eating as many veggies as I like due to moving and traveling to SoCal, so this challenge would help get me back into it! When you sign up for the website challenge (for free), they send you a shopping list for the smoothie recipes they provide. I can't wait to go shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment